The following selection of accommodation is available in:
Littlehempston (1 mile)
Dartington (3 miles)
Landscove (2.5 miles)
Ipplepen (5 miles)
Staverton (1.5 miles)
Stoke Gabriel (6 miles)
Totnes (3 miles)
PLEASE CONTACT THE ESTABLISHMENTS DIRECTLY
Taxi numbers: You will probably find taxis outside the station, but you
can also try Tel. 01803 840404, Tony's Taxis 07771 584949, ABC Taxis
07799 633385, Avon Cabs 07833 558813.
There are two pubs in Littlehempston village and one in Staverton for meals.
Bed & Breakfast
Debbie Jansen (cooking teacher at the International Macrobiotic School), www.thehealingkitchen.co.uk
Ruggadon B&B, Landscove, Ashburton
Tel. 01803 762553
spacious twin-bedded rooms with en-suite shower in a converted stone
barn, private & separate from main house. Macrobiotic and vegetarian
breakfast served Beautiful, quiet location on the end of the village
of Landscove 3 miles from the school. Please see website for prices or
email Debbie directly.
Jenny & Hugh Galton-Fenzi Tel. 01803 868192. Email firstname.lastname@example.org Post Cottage, Littlehempston, TQ9 6LU. A quirky 13th Century cottage with a warm welcome. Note: does not have central heating. Twin, single and double rooms. £30 pppn, vegetarians & vegans catered for. Non-smoking. Open all year (Cats in house).
- Jane Parson Tel. 01803 812440
Comfortable b&b 5mins drive from school. For details: www.broadhayes.co.uk
- Sue Cooke, Tel. 01803 866077 B&B at Orchard Cottage, Cott Road, Dartington, Nr Totnes. £35pppn, £55 per couple. Self-catering available. Not all year
- Sue Townsend Tel. 01803 762649 Greencott, Landscove, Ashburton TQ13 7LZ £23pppn 2 x en-suite rooms, one double, one twin.
- Olivia Tel. 01803 226127, The Garden House (organic/vegetarian B&B), Dartington, Totnes. Comfortable accommodation in timber-framed chalet. Peaceful location, superb views and secluded garden. Vegetarian/organic buffet breakfast. Lunch/Supper option. B&B from £24 pppn. Discount of up to 20% for visiting students and teachers of Holistic Cooking School and Devon School of Shiatsu. Also available as a small residential teaching venue. email: email@example.com
Susanna Maurer Tel. 01803 867335 Near Steamer Quay, Totnes. One large twin-bedded room. Bath/shower with separate toilet. £15pppn, B&B. Vegetarian/vegan evening meal can be provided upon request. 5 mins walk Totnes shops, 1 min Steamer Quay to boats & Riverside walks.
- Blackler Barton House, B&B Tel. 01803 762385, Landscove, Nr Staverton, Totnes. An attractive listed building, which has opened for the first time in Spring 2009 with a 5 star Silver Award Rating. £78 double/twin and £48 single. Beautifully furnished rooms with a choice of en-suite or private bathroom. All rooms have colour TV, hair dryer, selection of toiletries and 'fair trade' beverages. Email firstname.lastname@example.org,www.blacklerbartonhouse.co.uk.
- Anne & Peter Mann of Cherryhayes, Tel. 01803 762266, Email: email@example.com, website: www.cherryhayes.eu/ Two double bedrooms @ £60 for 2 people sharing or £35 single occupancy. Located in Staverton Village not far from the Steam Train Station.
- Judy and Gerald Hine-Haycock of Hempstone Park, Littlehempston Tel. 01803 868268 www.hempstonepark.co.uk Email: firstname.lastname@example.org A more luxurious B&B option just a few minutes drive away from the school nestling in the middle of its own five acres. Room rates £75-90 per night, single occupancy from £50 per night. The extremely comfortable rooms are large with private bathrooms, television, tea and coffee, and guests have the run of the gardens, orchard and open countryside. May be willing to negotiate a reduction if you mention you are studying at the school (depending on time of year). Breakfast on request. There are two very friendly Golden Retrievers in the house.
Chalet comprises 1 twin room, 1 family
room (small double and a bunk), kitchenette, toilet and shower room and a
large living room/diner with fantastic views over the hills. Sleeps 4
comfortably plus 2 on futons if required. Costs: £24pppn Bed &
organic buffet breakfast, £22pppn just room. Discount for students (with vouchers): 10% discount for 1 night, 15% for 2 nights or more, 20% for 5 nights or more. Extra discount can be arranged for regular bookings for students or visiting teachers.
Small Hotel & Inn
- Sea Trout Inn Tel. 01803 762274 Staverton, Totnes (about 4 mins drive)
2-star Olde Country Inn located in the pretty village of Staverton.
- Gabriel Court Hotel, Tel. 01803 782206 (about 20 minutes drive to the school)
A 3-star country House Hotel set on the banks of the River Dart overlooking the picturesque village of Stoke Gabriel. Prices range from £57 for a single, £82 for a double. Email: email@example.com
If you have difficulty finding accommodation, please try:
- Beara Farm Campsite, Buckfastleigh, Devon TQ11 0LW (next to River Dart). Contact John Thorn Tel. 01364 642234
- Dornafield Camping, Newton Abbot TQ12 6DD Tel. 01803 812732
- Ross Park Caravan Park, Newton Abbot TQ12 5TT Tel. 01803 812983
TOTNES TOURIST INFORMATION WEBSITE: www.totnesinformation.co.uk
Nb. The accommodation details are provided for information only and may be subject to change by the establishments concerned, which the Devon School of Shiatsu cannot be held responsible for.